Religious Education Philosphy
HKIS is grounded in the Christian faith and is respectful of the spiritual lives of all. The Christian faith is a response to the redemptive grace and love found in Jesus Christ, and recognizes that each student is a precious child of God. Respect and understanding of diverse religious beliefs is vital for harmonious living in our local and global communities.
Long-term Transfer Goals
Students will independently use their learning in RE to:
- Live according to positive values, including ethical conduct, compassion, respect and service.
- Identify and participate authentically in a spiritual community.
- Engage respectfully with others in dialogue about spiritual and religious topics.
- Seek to understand and to live in harmony with others of different spiritual or religious perspectives.
We agree that Religious Education happens best we provide opportunities for students to:
- Engage in open conversations about spiritual and religious questions.
- Continue for students to examine and articulate their own spiritual identity by exploring the meaning of life and their connections with God.
- Develop a mindset of empathy and service and, in tangible ways use their talents and abilities to meet needs in the world.