Interim is a weeklong, off-campus, learning experience for all four Grades of High School
Interim is an alternative education program designed to challenge the hearts, minds, bodies and souls of HKIS High School students. Incorporating a number of Student Learning Results into the experience, the program forms an integral part of the High School curriculum that serves as a graduation requirement for all high school students. The diverse Interim program offerings include community service, outdoor adventure and cross-cultural learning in Africa, Australasia, Europe, India, Southeast Asia, Mainland China and Hong Kong.
PURPOSE AND GOALS
- Interim is a carefully constructed program that presents students with many challenges and opportunities for personal growth. The Interim experience is designed to help students achieve the following goals:
- Build relationships and interactions with other students and faculty members.
- Cultivate a spirit of community.
- Expand exposure to diverse cultures and traditions.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Develop communication and leadership skills, self-reliance and compassion.
- Venture out of their physical, emotional and intellectual comfort zones.
- Discover new talents and interests.
- Gain greater self-knowledge and a richer understanding of the world around them.
- Grow in responsibility and independence.