Summer Swim Program
ECA Summer Program
HKIS Repulse Bay Summer Swim Program
We are delighted to share information about the swimming program on offer for this summer.
From June 15 - July 7 the summer swim program is for students of Grade 1- 5. The session will be held at the Repulse Bay Swimming Pool, organized and taught by the HKIS Aquatics Department following the guideline of the American Red Cross and its Learn to Swim (LTS) Levels.
To ensure the swimming activities are safe for swimmers and staff, we will be following the safety guidelines provided by the government of Hong Kong and adapted for the HKIS program. The number of swimmers per one-time slot will be limited to 24, therefore the total number of participants in the program is limited to 92. Due to the high demand and popularity of the program, we are asking families to register for the course only if you can commit to 100% attendance.
It will be on a first come first serve basis. More detailed information will be sent to successfully registered participants, once the classes are full.
|9:30 - 10:30 AM||3 - 5||3, 4, 5 & 6|
|10:30 - 11:30 AM||1 - 2||3, 4, 5 & 6|
|12:30 - 1:30 PM||1 - 2||3, 4, 5 & 6|
|1:40 - 2:40 PM||3 - 5||3, 4, 5 & 6|
Course fee: $3,300HKD based on 15 lessons, to be paid upon registration.
Health and Safety
We would like to assure you that the swim program will adhere to the safety guidelines of social distancing and incorporate any new measures announced by the government throughout the summer. Here are some highlights:
Reduced class sizes 3-4 swimmers per lane/4-8 per instructor, separate equipment for each swimmer.
Drop-off & pick up on the 1st floor only, no parents waiting at the pool area. Instructors collect swimmers on the first floor to check their temperatures before taking small groups of students to the pool.
Limited use of changing rooms and showers are advised. Students are encouraged to arrive and leave in their swim gear, cover-up/ poncho, and flip flops.
- How to check my child’s current level?
- Where can I find information regarding the HKIS Swim program and American Red Cross levels?
- If my child doesn’t get a place in the summer program will there be another swimming course offered later in the summer?
- Can parents stay on the pool deck or in the pool’s lobby during swimming lessons?
- Will my child be able to complete a new level as a result of attending the summer course?
- Are we able to register for more than one class per day?
- Is the course offered at the current grade level?
- Can I use my SchoolsBuddy credit to pay for the activity?
- Are buses available for the Swim Program?
Please contact us at email@example.com if any questions.