Please take a moment to read through this section to gain a better understanding of the day-to-day procedures within the program
Arriving Repulse Bay - Teachers or teacher assistants will meet students at the bus lay-by (where school buses drop-off and pick-up during the school year). Students will be escorted to the main gathering point, the Lower Primary School gymnasium, at the start of the morning and afternoon classes.
Identification Tag - All students younger than nine years old must wear their student identification tags prior to getting on the school buses or entering the campus. The ID tags are available under Form Download.
Students waiting on campus, please note: Students with only a morning or afternoon activity should arrive no more than 10 minutes before the course begins, and if not taking the bus, they should be collected promptly after class. There is NO supervision for students who arrive too early or stay late after class.
Note: While it is unlikely that we may have to make changes to bookings, scheduled teachers, the venue or other matters, HKIS reserves the right to do so at anytime. We shall inform you as early as possible in the event that this is necessary.
Parents/guardians are obliged to notify the Summer Program Office in advance or on the day of their child's absence. Please follow the procedure as outlined below:
- Email us at email@example.com or call at 2812-5620 or 2812-5621 before 9:00 am In reporting a student’s absence, please clearly state the student's name, the name of the course they are attending and the name of their teacher. If no one is at the desk, please leave a message on the voicemail.
- Alternatively, students can provide a written note from the parents or guardian prior to his/her absence. The note should be given to the classroom teacher at the beginning of class.
STUDENT ILLNESS - 48 Hour Fever Policy
Should your child develop a fever as a result of illness, HKIS has a fever policy that requires parents keep their children at home for a minimum of 48 hours after the fever has gone AND they have not taken fever-reducing medicine such as panadol or ibuprofen.
- Fever: Students with a temperature of 37.5C (99.5F) or greater should not return to school until they have been fever-free for 48 hours without the benefit of fever reducing medication.
- Vomiting & Diarrhea: Students with vomiting and/or diarrhea should not return to school until 24 hrs after the last episode. Students need to be asymptomatic for 24 hrs without the use of antidiarrheals (e.g. Imodium).
There shall be no refunds due to absences caused by illness and the 48 hour policy.
A full-time registered nurse will be in attendance on campus during the Summer Discovery Program. Please ensure you have completed the health form accurately.
STUDENT MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN
Please note that HKIS expects students to be enrolled in a personal health insurance plan. HKIS Does NOT provide medical coverage for students if accidents occur during school related activities.
PARENTS OUT OF TOWN
- If both parents/guardians intend to leave Hong Kong while their child remains in attendance in the HKIS Summer Discovery Program, an alternative guardian must be appointed. Prior to departure, they must complete the Notification of parents absence from HK form and submit it to the Summer Program Office.
- Because illness, accidents and unforeseen problems can occur, the school asks that the duly appointed guardian lives directly with or close by the child to provide adequate care and supervision. (A domestic helper who speaks English may qualify as an acceptable guardian if the parents so choose.)
- If both parents/guardians are absent from Hong Kong without submitting the Notification of parents absence from HK form, HKIS will not permit their child to continue in the program.
While we understand that parents are interested and care about their child's summer school activities and experiences, parents are not currently allowed on campus. If you have any concerns regarding your child, please contact the Summer Program Office directly.
LUNCH OPTIONS - (not available in 2021)
All students registered in the full day program will have lunch at HKIS between 12 - 12:45pm each day. Lunch can either be your own packed meal or purchased through our caterer. All students will be supervised during the lunch break in our air-conditioned cafeteria.
For those packing lunches and snacks - please be aware that HKIS is a nut free campus during the summer program. While we have suitable adult supervision in the cafeteria it is still important that our younger campers have meals that they can open and eat independently.
The services normally offers two meal options each day, one meat and one vegetarian option.
HKIS Summer Program Office: