RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR TEACHER ASSISTANT POSITIONS (To be updated)
Every effort will be made to give priority to the employment of returning TA with proven dedication to the HKIS Summer Program from previous summer, alumni graduated from HKIS and current HKIS seniors and juniors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TA responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the teacher to ensure a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Assist teacher in preparing various teaching aids for use in class settings, including activity sheets, art materials, sports equipment or other assigned areas.
- Assist teacher in preparation and participate in daily class activities.
- Provides support in a classroom environment by working directly with teachers and students.
- Assists children individually or in groups, with lesson assignments or reinforce learning concepts.
- Assists children in non-teaching duties, (i.e. snack, wash-up, toilet break and other routines).
- Leads classroom activities in the absence of the teacher.
- Update the Summer Blog with pictures and brief descriptions of the class you are in.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the class teacher or general Summer School Supervisors.
- Off-campus supervision if assigned.
EMPLOYMENT NOTIFICATION DATE
Session 1 - On or before May 25, 2023
Session 2 - June 9, 2023
If you are interested in being a Teacher Assistant during our Summer School program, our registration will begin in early-March. Please continue to monitor this page for further updates.
Teaching Assistant Application Form
Teacher Recommendation (For new applicants only)
Teacher Assistant Guidelines and Expectations
For applicant over 18 years old: HKIS hiring criteria will comply with the regulations set out by the Hong Kong Immigration Department. We are committed to adhere to the present ‘Hong Kong SAR Immigration Law and Policies'. It is therefore noted that we will ONLY employ Hong Kong permanent resident or holder of a valid working VISA for employment with HKIS.
** Please note: We will not be responsible for applying or sponsoring any VISA application.