Thank you for your interest in the Summer Discovery Program and the employment opportunities available this summer at HKIS. Please contact us for a copy of the Employment Guidelines and Expectations document prior to filling out the application form.
PROGRAM DATES FOR SUMMER 2019:
Every effort will be made to give priority to the employment of current HKIS employees. The HKIS summer program makes every effort to hire suitably qualified staff. In addition to qualifications, we also look for previous teaching experience in determining suitability for summer employment.
|Current HKIS Faculty||Please submit the completed Application Form|
|HKIS Support Staff||Please submit the completed Application Form including an updated resume*|
|Non-HKIS applicant||Please submit the completed Application Form including the following:|
An updated Resume*
Copy of two reference letters*
HKIS Summer Programs hiring criteria for overseas teacher/instructor will comply with the regulations set out by the Hong Kong Immigration department. We are committed to adhere to the present ‘Hong Kong SAR Immigration Law and Policies’. It is therefore noted that we will ONLY employ overseas teachers when and where necessary. In the case that an overseas teacher is required, he/she is responsible to pay for the VISA application, air tickets, accommodation and living expenses in HK.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR TEACHER ASSISTANT POSITIONS
Every effort will be made to give priority to the employment of returning TA with proven dedication to the HKIS Summer Program from previous summer, alumni graduated from HKIS and current HKIS senior and junior.
TA responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the teacher to ensure a safe and stimulating educational environment.
- Assist teacher in preparing various teaching aids for use in class settings, including activity sheets, art materials, sports equipment or other assigned areas.
- Assist teacher in preparation and participate in daily class activities.
- Provides support in a classroom environment by working directly with teachers and students.
- Assists children individually or in groups, with lesson assignments or reinforce learning concepts.
- Assists children in non-teaching duties, (i.e. snack, wash-up, toilet and other routines).
- Leads classroom activities in the absence of the teacher.
- Update the Summer Blog with pictures and brief descriptions of the class you are in.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the class teacher or general Summer School Supervisors.
- Off-campus supervision if assigned.
Please ensure that application is sent by the stated deadline. If you are a new applicant to HKIS please also support the application with a Teacher Recommendation form (linked below).
April 15, 2019 - Application Deadline
May 28, 2019 - Email notification to Session 1 applicants
June 21, 2019 - Email notification to Session 2 applicants
For applicant over 18 years old: HKIS hiring criteria will comply with the regulations set out by the Hong Kong Immigration Department. We are committed to adhere to the present ‘Hong Kong SAR Immigration Law and Policies'. It is therefore noted that we will ONLY employ Hong Kong permanent resident or holder of a valid working VISA for employment with HKIS.
** Please note: We will not be responsible for applying or sponsoring any VISA application.