Adult Sports Community
Adult Sports Community
In line with the LTAD and the goal of promoting being 'Active for Life', HKIS supports programs for our parent/adult community throughout the year so don't miss out on the opportunity to get involved!
Be part of the community by joining one of the recreational or competitive sports listed below.
- Monday: Soccer (PM)
- Wednesday: Faculty / Alumni Basketball (PM)
- Wednesday: HK Vets Soccer (PM)
- Saturday: Adult Touch Rugby (AM)
- Saturday: Splash Swimming (AM)
- Sunday: Mixed Softball League (AM/PM)
- Sunday: Volleyball (PM)
Monday Night Soccer is a social game of football played by HKIS parents and friends on the HKIS field from 8pm on Monday evenings, rain or shine throughout the whole year, numbers permitting. Games vary from five-a-side up to full teams depending on numbers any given week. Some fitness needed, but certainly a fun means to gain fitness. Bring both a white and a dark shirt (teams are arranged ad hoc on the night), plenty of water and a contribution to pitch fees. Please make contact in advance to be added to email distribution on numbers availability/game confirmations.
Coordinator: Matthew Howcroft
If you enjoy playing basketball, come out to the HS gym on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 - 10 PM. All are welcome to join faculty, alumni, and members of our parent community for fun, friendly, and (not too) competitive games.
If interested, please contact me and I'll put you on the Whatsapp group. Notifications and confirmation will be sent out each week.
Coordinator: Jeremy Evans
HK Vets Soccer Team - Spartans Masters over 35s and over 45s.
- HKIS on Wednesday Nights 8:30pm.
- Open group of parents of students, HKIS staff and friends of parents are welcome to join our two teams.
- Over 35s team is very competitive a decent level is required to play in the Legends League however friendly games are organised throughout the year and all are welcome for those of lower standard.
- Over 45s is much more relaxed and less standard is required but some level of fitness is required at this age group although games are less regular. A mix of friendly games and games in the over 45s league here in Hong Kong.
- Team webpage http://wanchaispartans.com/
Coordinator: Henry Vera
On Saturday mornings, 7am (and often on Public Holidays), there is an Adult Touch Rugby game played on the main HKIS pitch. Having some knowledge of the sport is helpful, but not a pre-requisite, and all nationalities, skill levels welcome. During vacations, teenagers often join in when back in Hong Kong.
Coordinator: Jamie Paton
Splash Foundation Limited is Hong Kong’s only charitable organisation that uses swimming to empower and connect under-resourced communities. Created on the premise that there should be no socio-economic barriers in learning how to swim, Splash is a simple concept connecting people who know how to swim with those who would like to learn.
Our main beneficiary group is Migrant Domestic Workers, many of whom come from the Philippines and Indonesia where swim lessons are either not available or financially inaccessible.
Further information on how to register can be found on our Facebook page.
Coordinator: Libby Alexander
South Side Co-Ed Community Softball is a Co-Ed softball league built around fun and friendly competition. We play on Sundays from Sept-January. The league is open for new players. If you are interested you can email: hongkongsundaysoftball@gmail.
Coordinator: Joe Nolasco
We are trying to open a volleyball program for adult/parent and community on Sunday afternoon, starting in November. We would like to see if there will be enough interest to form a group that wish to play some friendly games.
Please fill the form below if you are interested:
Coordinator: Henri Yim