High School Summer Academic Term
2018 High School Summer Academic Term
- Summer Academic Term courses are intensive and demanding because the work of an entire semester is compressed into two weeks.
- In view of the intensive nature of the program, students should not be enrolled in other courses or programs while enrolled in Summer Academic Term.
- Students enrolling in a course must commit themselves to successfully completing the course and participating fully in the program.
- Students may expect significant homework for each day in class.
- HKIS reserves the right to dismiss a student from any course, without a refund, if that student displays harmful or inappropriate behavior toward faculty, other students or property.
HKIS students entering Grades 9 - 12 the fall semester immediately following are eligible to enroll in the Summer Academic Term. Students not enrolled at HKIS are not eligible. Graduating seniors may enroll in courses open to students entering Grade 12.
Given the intensity of the courses, students must attend every session in order to meet the requirements for credit.
All courses in the program are for credit.
Students will be issued a Report Card and the course grade and credit will appear on the Semester 1 transcript (not report card) of the following academic year.
Students enrolled during the summer are still required to take a minimum of 6 credits (Freshmen and Sophomores, 6 ½) during the regular school year.