We Invite YOU to Get INVOLVED!
The Middle School has a wide variety of after school activities for our students to participate in. We're excited about these extracurricular activities and we encourage students to take advantage of all the opportunities! Middle School is a great time to explore your interests, try new activities and meet new friends. Our fabulous Middle School faculty facilitate all of our activities and offer them at times that coincide with the after school bus schedule.
OUR MS CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Academic/Problem solving – Support for Success in Learning (academic help), G7/8 Problem Solving, Math Counts, Battle of the Books, Model United Nations (MUN), Science Olympiad, Math Olympiad, GIN Global Issues Network, TEDEd Club.
- Creative – Drama Club, Photography, Yearbook, Green Dragons, Makers Club, Musical Theater Club, Dragon News and Radio, Art & Design, Chef Club, Mural Club
- Music - Jazz Band, RadioOctove, Chinese Drumming
- Physical – Sailing, Adventure Club, Skateboarding (starts Nov 7), Of Sticks and Pucks, Breathe for Change
- Technical – Tech-Know-Wise Crew (MS SDLT), Yearbook Club, Minecraft Club, Robotics, Drone Club
- Service - RAK Random Acts of Kindness, Matrix, GLOW Club
Activities by day:
Jazz Band, Drama, G7/8 Problem Solving, RadioOctave, Matrix, Makers, GIN (Global Issues Network), Science Olympiads, Adventure Club (Semester 2 only).
Photography, Model United Nations (MUN), Skateboarding (Feb-April), RadioOctave, Chef Club, Mural Club (Semester 1 only), Drone Club (Aug-Oct), Green Dragons.
GLOW, Math Counts, Art & Design, Musical Theater Club (Semester 2 only), Robotics, Tech Know Wise Crew (MS SDLT), Battle of the Books (Last week of September every two weeks), Breathe for Change, Chinese Drumming, DNR Dragon News and Radio, Yearbook Club.
Go Home Day
Minecraft (Semester 2 only), Of Sticks & Pucks (Semester 2 only), Matrix Club, Sailing Club (Sept-Dec), Sailing Club (March-May), TEDEd Club, RAK Random Acts of Kindness.
Please check the Middle School Daily Announcements for updated information about MS Clubs and Activities.
HOW DO STUDENTS JOIN MS CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES?
At the Middle School, we encourage students to explore their interests and passions. We do not have a competitive sign-up process and parents do not need to sign students up online.
SUPPORT FOR SUCCESS - HOMEWORK CLUB
Students may attend as many academic help sessions as they choose, or may go only when you need help in a specific subject. In some cases, teachers may require students to attend academic help sessions for a period of time. For days and times to specific schedule, please click here.