CentreStage Studios HK is Hong Kong's premier English speaking performing arts training studio for children and young adults ages 3-18 years. We offer a range of courses covering Speech, Drama and Communication, Musical Theatre and Public Speaking.
Our mission is to provide a platform to nurture creativity, enrich imagination and to equip young people with communication skills that will be used in later life. We achieve this through carefully tailored courses run by expert practitioners and professionals, who are committed and passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience with the students.
CentreStage Studios HK is an official registered LAMDA Examination Centre. The LAMDA syllabus is used as a tool to develop confidence in public speaking, communication skills and performance techniques. LAMDA is taught in many local and international schools across the world with over 80,000 candidates worldwide. LAMDA is an accredited awarding body of Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulator in England). Level 3 examinations are recognised and contribute towards the UCAS tariff system for UK University entrance and are also highly recognised qualifications by Ivy League institutions.
CentreStage Studios HK’s Public Speaking course is guaranteed to build your confidence. It allows you to develop and to hone the necessary oral communication and written skills for public presentations, debating skills, interview techniques and promotes courage and conviction when delivering speeches to an audience. You’ll have the chance to influence your peers and make an impact by communicating your ideas in an organised and coherent manner, while having the confidence to effectively defend your views to others.
Public Speaking will give you experience in applying your abilities as a researcher and analytical thinker, which will benefit you in all areas of your studies!
All of our HKIS Public Speaking students will have the opportunity to be entered for their Speaking in Public LAMDA Examination usually held in June.
- Learn voice control and projection skills
- To build confidence and courage
- To collaborate, communicate and think creatively
- To learn the skills to communicate effectively to an audience using the correct body language
- To deliver a speech confidently and expressively
- Learn how to implement the most effective research and analytical skills
- Learn debating, sight reading and interview preparation techniques
- Be an analytical thinker and researcher
- Accept and give constructive criticism
- Deliver an impromptu speech with confidence
- Research, write, prepare and deliver a convincing speech
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of chosen subject matter
- Know and understand the use of vocal techniques
- Take leadership initiative
- Know and understand different styles and use of speech
- Know how to adapt speech and body language to the chosen audience
- Be a confident debater and justify answers with clarity
- Sight read with conviction
- Have knowledge of and understand how to implement key interview techniques