Please take a moment to read through this section to gain a better understanding of the day-to-day procedures within the program
Arriving Repulse Bay - Teachers or teacher assistants will meet students at the Bus layby (where school buses drop-off and pick-up during the school year). Students will be escorted to the main gathering point, the Lower Primary School gymnasium, at the start of the morning and afternoon classes.
Identification Tag - All students younger than nine years old must wear their student identification tags prior to getting on the school buses or entering the campus. The ID tags are available under Form Download.
Students waiting on campus, please note: Students with only a morning or afternoon activity should arrive no more than 10 minutes before the course begins, and if not taking the bus, they should be collected promptly after class. There is NO supervision for students who arrive too early or stay late after class.
Note: While it is unlikely that we may have to make changes to bookings, scheduled teachers, the venue or other matters, HKIS reserves the right to do so at anytime. We shall inform you as early as possible in the event that this is necessary.
Parents/guardians are obliged to notify the Summer Program Office in advance or on the day of their child's absence. Please follow the procedure as outlined below:
- Telephone 2812-5621 before 10:00 am In reporting a student’s absence, please clearly state the student's name, the name of the course they are attending and the name of their teacher. If no one is at the desk, please leave a message on the voicemail.
- Alternatively, students can provide a written note from the parents or guardian prior to his/her absence. The note should be given to the classroom teacher at the beginning of class.
A full-time registered nurse will be in attendance on campus during the Summer Discovery Program. Please ensure you have completed the health form accurately.
STUDENT MEDICAL INSURANCE PLAN
Please note that HKIS expects students to be enrolled in a personal health insurance plan. HKIS Does NOT provide medical coverage for students if accidents occur during school related activities.
PARENTS OUT OF TOWN
- If both parents/guardians intend to leave Hong Kong while their child remains in attendance in the HKIS Summer Discovery Program, an alternative guardian must be appointed. Prior to departure, they must complete the Notification of parents absence from HK form and submit it to the Summer Program Office.
- Because illness, accidents and unforeseen problems can occur, the school asks that the duly appointed guardian lives directly with or close by the child to provide adequate care and supervision. (A domestic helper who speaks English may qualify as an acceptable guardian if the parents so choose.)
- If both parents/guardians are absent from Hong Kong without submitting the Notification of parents absence from HK form, HKIS will not permit their child to continue in the program.
While we appreciate that parents are interested and care about their child's summer school activities and experiences, we do not allow parents to stay in the classroom while classes are in session. If you have any concerns regarding your child, please contact the Summer Program Office directly.
All students registered in the full day program will have lunch at HKIS between 12 - 12:45pm each day. Lunch can either be your own packed meal or purchased through our caterer. All students will be supervised during the lunch break in our air-conditioned cafeteria.
For those packing lunches and snacks - please be aware that HKIS is a nut free campus during the summer program. While we have suitable adult supervision in the cafeteria it is still important that our younger campers have meals that they can open and eat independently.
The services normally offers two meal options each day, one meat and one vegetarian option.
HOW TO ORDER
Lunch services are provided through Sodexo. The ordering process and menu options will be outlined one month prior to the camp start date. The services normally offer one meat option and one vegetarian option each day, as well as sandwiches and other healthy snacks. In an effort to reduce food waste these are normally pre-ordered. To find out more regarding the food services available please contact Sodexo direct.
Please indicate your choice of meal on the selection column, dining location and complete the student details at the bottom of the enrolment form and return with cheque (with student name and contact number at the back of the cheque) payable to "Sodexo (HK) Ltd".
Mail address is Sodexo, Lower Primary Cafeteria, 2/F, HKIS, No.23 South Bay Close, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
Dining location: Only students have both AM and PM class in Tai Tam campus, they will eat in Tai Tam; Rest of Student will eat in Repulse Bay campus. Please kindly notify us, if any changing of location
Sodexo Summer Program Lunch Contact: Haydee Sadile
Direct line: 9145 5479