HKIS Literacy Institute
HKIS 11th Annual Literacy Institute
with Penny Kittle, Carl Anderson, Kim Yaris, and Sara K. Ahmed
Friday January 25 to Sunday January 27, 2019
"Literacy Coaching Asia"
1-Day Workshop with Sara K. Ahmed
Friday January 25, 2019
This one day workshop is for aspiring coaches, mentor teachers and current coaches.
Outcomes of the workshop:
- Running labsites and demonstration lessons to support student learning.
- In the moment coaching with teachers.
- Setting and evaluating coaching goals.
- Systems and cycles of coaching to support teachers throughout the year.
- Collaborating with administrators in developing school-wide literacy programs.
- Sustainable systems in a transient international teacher world.
- Philosophies of coaching.
- Collaborating with other coaches and literacy leaders.
2-Day Conference with Penny Kittle | Carl Anderson | Kim Yaris | Sara K. Ahmed
Saturday January 26 to Sunday January 27, 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for participants to learn about best instructional practices in reading and writing, relevant research and its practical applications directly from the experts, as well as get feedback on how to meet the needs of students from Kindergarten to Grade 8. Participants will walk away with strategies that can be used immediately with students to improve instruction and promote student growth.
Outcomes of the conference:
- Explore, rethink and deepen an understanding of reading and writing practices.
- Examine the role of engagement in instructional practices.
- Explore ways to deepen comprehension in students.
- Develop discourse in students to enhance reading and writing strategies.
- Increase conferring abilities to maximize teaching and learning.
- Develop students' skills and tools in literacy in ways that allow students become more independent.
- Explore ways mentor texts can be used in mini-lessons and conferences.
Hong Kong International School
Lower Primary School and Upper Primary School
23 South Bay Close
To Register, Click On Links Below
- "Literacy Coaching Asia" 1-Day Workshop [Registration now closed: Full capacity]
- "Literacy Institute" 2-Day Conference
[Registration now closed: Full capacity]
Spaces are limited, please REGISTER and PAY early to secure your place.